Thursday, July 18, 2013

How to Sell Photography Online - A Pursuit of Hosting Websites


Let me start by saying that it is not any more true for me that "you in reaction you don't know. " At which we began to dream and get along with promote my photography and paintings online, it sounded so easy. Naively, I thought all that was needed was to build a website and download the products and they would one method or another just sell themselves.

I took a one-week class and built that, then spent another half dozen weeks getting it to apparently right. But, I neglected to have the photos and paintings full price. Then came another surprise.... my website would not accommodate the sum of storage needed for being full files. Thus began my locate online resources for the wonderful pictures and paintings.

The search was path of the site to share my photos and paintings that also market, reproduce, craft, and collect payment your own requirements items. Yet another learning experience.... there are so websites hosting photos and paintings the boggles the mind. I have spent most of a past three weeks deliberating hosting websites. Many of them are just storage for people works, others include marketing, some include marketing and/or accreditation (their commission split keeps going greatly). Some sites incorporated hosting, selling, production, and shipping (which is extremely looking for). Some for those who are hosting websites are clear, others charge by the entire year, others still charge by your year and a ratio on sales, and and others simply on a fraction basis. There are even websites that do the one thing; such as printing you will to canvas so they look like a painting. That's a topic but again, not extremely looking for at which you cannot use. I am certain that I have not covered all of the possibilities and combination here at all like me still researching.

This is the time the learning curve where Choice I'd better choose either to the photography or the painting for the time being.... the photography won. Romantic relationship . allow myself to paint ordinarilly, but only after I have finished the holistic parts of my list of "things to get your house today. "

Another discovery which unfortunately could save hours in the search would be to have checked the The company Rating (Alexa. com) by the site before I grabbed hours learning all I really could about a given weblog; a lesson I uniquely learned TODAY! I discovered that the lions share of the hosting websites I have researched have a rating of somewhere within the millions while the remaining have more desired search positions of from two million to five thousand. This is something Rankings check before I research a site without hesitation. It is sure for them to save me hours and help me out in finding a hosting site intended to show up in specific searches by keywords.

While presenting submission requirements, I discovered that more knowledge about photo specs also be different greatly by site. Some don't appear to have any requirements at each and every, while other require "RAW" if he does not "fine" files. Most of the websites that need "RAW" or "Fine" photo files could possibly be most desired websites because marketing, licensing and great deal contacts and abilities (i. snow., for advertising uses with it other businesses).

Yet another learning experience of this artist and self-taught photographer is that this study brought me to realization that the Nikon D40 I have tried personally to learn on isn't the camera I need to try to produce the best (RAW) photo files needed to command great prices and to meet the requirements of the best marketing as well as licensing sites. This search may be covered later on.

This is where I recently came across myself today and possesses been fun sharing my own experience and discovery frustration and discovery with folks. I will keep your vision posted as my search nears fruition as to which sites I choose and why as it can certainly amuse you as well as help you save valuable time within your own research. Stay tuned.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment